So for this year's Space Quest Olympics (in honour of Scott Murphy on his birthday) headed by Troels Pleimert (aka the Space Quest Historian), I decided to work on a surprise for the final event of the stream. I extended the root monster maze gauntlet to the west of the main maze screen and stripped out the rest of the game. It starts you right at the beginning of the maze, it gives you a "Checkpoint!" text when you get to the final archway, and when you return all the way to the beginning (after having reached Checkpoint) it will tell you your time. So if you'd like to give it a go yourself, have at it. Here's the download (attached to post).
And here's a link to the stream on YT which featured each event from each SQ game (this year's theme was Speedrunner's Delight). The new root maze is the final event at the end:
SQ2 Root Monster Maze Gauntlet - EXTENDED EDITION
- MusicallyInspired
- Village Elder
- Posts: 3143
- Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:46 am
- Gender: Male
- Location: Manitoba, Canada
- Contact:
SQ2 Root Monster Maze Gauntlet - EXTENDED EDITION
- Attachments
-
- SQ2_RootMazeGauntlet.zip
- (546.98 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001
- Tawmis
- Grand Poobah's Servant
- Posts: 22352
- Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
- Gender: Not Specified
- Contact:
Re: SQ2 Root Monster Maze Gauntlet - EXTENDED EDITION
I definitely want to try that Root Maze!
I tried to watch the video... that's.... too many people... talking at once... talking over each other.
I couldn't make it very far. I even skimmed ahead - and especially the Skate-O-Rama....
How many times can they all cuss over one another?
I tried to watch the video... that's.... too many people... talking at once... talking over each other.
I couldn't make it very far. I even skimmed ahead - and especially the Skate-O-Rama....
How many times can they all cuss over one another?
Tawmis.com - Voice Actor
Comic Relief Podcast!
Neverending Nights
Hello, my name is Larry. Larry Laffer!
Comic Relief Podcast!
Neverending Nights
Hello, my name is Larry. Larry Laffer!