Tawmis wrote: ↑Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:23 pmHowever, I'm not sure that plot will do for LSL4. I can't remember much about LSL5, but weren't Larry and Patti still on speaking terms in that game? IIRC, they were even friends. So... I'm not too sure.
I vaguely remember a plot twist in LSL5 that implies Mr. Big was responsible for breaking up Larry and Patti. There was something about him humming the LSL4 theme song in the White House that prompts Patti to take him down.
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:36 amInstead of Larry Lovage, Larry Laffer has a
daughter who follows in her father's lounge-lizardy footsteps - but being much more clever than Larry, she also solves murder cases in her spare time.

I'd be genuinely interested to see what a "Leisure Suit Laura" game would entail. But would she actually wear a leisure suit, or is she just "Leisure Suit" in name?
Tawmis wrote: ↑Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:23 pm
So in this case - if you were a part of the creative team, what would you hope for in the next LEISURE SUIT LARRY?
I had some thoughts for a couple installments:
Initially, I want to do two things: 1) bring back Patti, and 2) bring back the spy angle. I feel like the CIA might look at Larry's shameless behaviour and regard it as an asset to their one of their operations. They rig a game show for him to win and send him on a vacation where they need him to root out an enemy assassin - who may be one of many women at this resort. So for the first half of the game, you're just Larry doing Larry things in your investigation.
And for fun, I want to set it at a ski lodge. Not only does any place with a giant roaring fireplace automatically seems like a romantic setting, but you'll get some new outdoor activities not explored in previous games. Plus the cold weather will give the character designers something to work with besides "scantily-clad".
But the game's twist is that Patti is your target. And she's actually CIA while you're working for the KGB. So then after rekindling their love, Larry and Patti spend the last half of the game doing daring spy escapes across the mountain, where Larry uses all the skills he learned from the other women to help them survive. And together they escape the KGB and fly off to Paris for a happy ending.
And then Paris would be the setting for the sequel. But I think what would put some fire in the Larry formula is to make a game about "being in a relationship" rather than starting one. But they're both swinging singles at heart, so they get a crazy idea for staying together: try for a threesome. So the whole game is in the vein of LSL6 or LSL7 where you and Patti become each other's wing-men to find a special someone for both of you. And in this game, you can hit on men and women alike, taking both Larry and Patti (and maybe the player) out of their respective comfort zones.
And that's my Thursday morning Coffee-Hasn't-Kicked-In-Yet pitch. Or maybe it's the plot to a Richard Linklater/Judd Apatow movie. One of those.