For me, it's a part of a general trend: the last game I played start to finish and even began to replay was
Dragon Age 2. After that, I thought
Skyrim could keep me busy for hours, like
Oblivion did, but after a few days of playing I got into my postgraduate degree and after that I had - and still have - very little time to play games, mainly because I prefer to use my free time to see my boyfriend, quite obviously, and to read (yes, even after a day already spent reading!

) or watch the tv series I follow (right now: classic
Doctor Who,
The Sarah Jane Adventures and
Orphan Black). Point is: games fell a bit behind.
This doesn't mean that I don't play anymore. For example, a couple of months back I reinstalled
Vampire: The Masquerade. Bloodlines, which I played back then but never finished due to the insane amount of bugs, and I enjoyed it greatly. Superb writing, superb story, and for a fan of the pen-and-paper roleplaying game like me it really is a blast.
On the contrary, when I tried to play through adventure games, like
Moebius for example, I found them clunky and sluggish. I've discussed the thing on Facebook with Simo, for example, and Ingmar, and I realized that the last adventure game I really and thoroughly enjoyed was
Dreamfall, and that was because the narrative wasn't bogged down by arbitrary puzzles and menial tasks like bring item A to B, rinse and repeat. And then, thinking about which adventure games I really love, I realized that my favorite adventure,
The Beast Within, is likewise very light on gratuitous puzzles (except for the one we all remember, involving a cuckoo and a plant). And then: other than adventures, what games I liked recently? Well, apart from Bioware rpgs, I really liked
Adam Wake, apart from the repetitive combat, and especially L.A. Noire, which is an adventure game at its core - talk to people, collect item, combine them, solve the mystery - but understands that the important part is the story, and not the Tower of Hanoi puzzle you must solve in order to advance (and that's why one of the puzzle solution of
Zork Grand Inquisitor is to this day one of my favorite).
Point is: I have little time and I prefer to do other things than play games, but if the right game comes along I'll gladly find time to play through. As long as we are on the same wavelength: great story, great storytelling and a gameplay that doesn't hinder the flow of the narrative.