LPSG - Deciding what's next!
Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2025 1:34 am
Keeping Sierra On-Line Alive
https://www.forums.sierrahelp.com/
Hey Tawmis!Tawmis wrote:Hi everyone!
I have never played Dragonsphere, but I think you discussed it before.Tawmis wrote:*discusses Dragonsphere*
I have heard many good things about TLJ, but never played it.Tawmis wrote:*discusses The Longest Journey*
I have heard many things about Moebius (hi, Jane! *waves to Jane Jensen*) - some people love it, some people don't - but never played it.Tawmis wrote:*discusses Moebius*
It's not at all like Willy Beamish.Tawmis wrote:*discusses ROTD*
I haven't played GM either yet, sorry. I'm probably not the best person to ask.Tawmis wrote:*discusses Gray Matter*
I played both. "Don't Dry", in-my-not-so-honest-opinion, is superior ... but I enjoyed Al's LSL1 remake better than either of them, TBH. Here's why:Tawmis wrote:*discusses LSL: Wet Dreams Don't Dry and Wet Dreams Dry Twice*
All three are very good. *nod*Tawmis wrote:*discusses SCI KQ1, LSL1, PQ1*
Sorry, I've never played that one. Wow. Classic. (It's true that Cedric gets a lot of hate, but it's good that he doesn't bug you too much.Tawmis wrote:*discusses 16-colour version of KQ5*
When I do channel updates, it's usually me talking about either what's going on, or what I am doing next. I don't think I frequently post channel updates here. I am not sure why I did this time. lolRath Darkblade wrote: ↑Mon Sep 15, 2025 6:14 amHey Tawmis!Tawmis wrote:Hi everyone!It's so rare to actually see you, I was a bit surprised.
It's very fun... but there's a fairy section (which I mentioned) which is maddening...Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Mon Sep 15, 2025 6:14 amI have never played Dragonsphere, but I think you discussed it before.Tawmis wrote:*discusses Dragonsphere*
Very good game (from as far as I got and remember) and I am pretty sure I remember really good music to it too.Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Mon Sep 15, 2025 6:14 amI have heard many good things about TLJ, but never played it.Tawmis wrote:*discusses The Longest Journey*
Yeah, this one is low on my want to play among the games, but definitely want to get to it one day.Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Mon Sep 15, 2025 6:14 amI have heard many things about Moebius (hi, Jane! *waves to Jane Jensen*) - some people love it, some people don't - but never played it.Tawmis wrote:*discusses Moebius*
Oh, never played Blade Runner.Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Mon Sep 15, 2025 6:14 amIt's not at all like Willy Beamish.Tawmis wrote:*discusses ROTD*If anything, it's more like Blade Runner.
Oh, true - forgot about the GK1 remake.Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Mon Sep 15, 2025 6:14 am I haven't played GM either yet, sorry. I'm probably not the best person to ask.
However - speaking of Jane's games (and seeing how you liked GK) - I played the GK1 remake at least twice, and enjoyed it very much every time.![]()
I think the one thing that turns me off is... they look too ... "obvious" with the sexually explicit looking buildings... where as LSL, was subtle in how it worked.Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Mon Sep 15, 2025 6:14 am I played both. "Don't Dry", in-my-not-so-honest-opinion, is superior ... but I enjoyed Al's LSL1 remake better than either of them, TBH. Here's why:
Yeah, I just thought it'd be fun to play all versions.Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Mon Sep 15, 2025 6:14 amSorry, I've never played that one. Wow. Classic. (It's true that Cedric gets a lot of hate, but it's good that he doesn't bug you too much.Tawmis wrote:*discusses 16-colour version of KQ5*He bugged me a lot the first time, but I tried KQ5, and he doesn't bug me as much the second time).
Oh yes! Heroine's Quest is on my list as is Hero-U... but Hero-U is really low for me. I played a little bit of it when it first came out and couldn't get too into it. :/Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Mon Sep 15, 2025 6:14 am If you enjoy Sierra games and RPGs, and I am pretty sure you do () ... I would very, very, very much recommend Heroine's Quest and Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption. They are both extremely fun and extremely, extremely playable!
They also remind me a lot of Quest for Glory, in that there are three (and in the case of Heroine's Quest, FOUR) paths you can take (fighter, wizard, thief, paladin), all with their own puzzles and ways to win.
"Rogue to Redemption" also has three paths you can take. Sure, you start out as a rogue, but you slowly learn (through practice) rogue skills, and after a few days, you get to pick which path you want to take: magic, healing, or science!Each one comes with its own well-thought-out specialties:
- With "magic", you can use runes and even cast spells.
- With "healing", you can make your own potions and poisons.
- With "science", you can do lots of things and even build the most (secret) powerful weapon in the game! (Shh, it's a secret).
There are also many other things you can do in the game, like learn from books, play pool, darts and card games (and win money at them!), learn many secrets by eavesdropping (careful, build up your sneak skills!), make friends (and save your friends!), and help your friends with their quests, and much, much more.I really recommend it. Very much.
(But I don't recommend it if you hate puns and word play!)
"Heroine's Quest" is more serious, but you can still have lots of fun with it ... especially if you love Norse mythology (and I think you do).There are puzzles to solve, realms to explore, and even a few mythological characters to meet and talk with (and save!)
It's fun, and you can die in many ways (just like QfG and SQ), so be careful.
Anyway, I think I've ranted enough. Sorry. *blush* Hope this gave you some food for thought. Bon appétit!![]()
Sorry; I meant the movie "Blade Runner". It's just, Rise of the Dragon gave me similar "vibes" -- futuristic technology, etc. -- but at the same time, the adventure itself reminded me of old-fashioned detective novels.Tawmis wrote: ↑Mon Sep 15, 2025 3:00 pmOh, never played Blade Runner.Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Mon Sep 15, 2025 6:14 amIt's not at all like Willy Beamish.Tawmis wrote:*discusses ROTD*If anything, it's more like Blade Runner.
I understand, Hero-U isn't for everybody. I think that it starts off very gently -- you really need to wait (and practice, etc.) about 3 days before the class starts discussing rogue skills (sneaking is the first).
I started DragonSphere for the channel next. I've had that game since it came out and never finished it. So wanna see if I can. It's slow going for me, for sure. But if I remember, I will give Moebius for the game after DragonSphere a try.