Page 1 of 1

Ow. =(

Posted: Tue May 27, 2025 8:47 am
by Rath Darkblade
Ow. *cough* Well, I have a concert to perform in within the next 2.5 weeks ... but this evening, halfway through rehearsal, I started feeling a sore throat and couldn't stop coughing. :(

I took lozenges for it, and had a cup of steaming hot tea with lemon and ginger, but nothing worked. I suspect I've come down with a cold.

To be honest, I'm not surprised. Three days ago, the family got together for dinner, and my sister had a cold, and her kids (and my other sister's kids) were running around like crazy. :( And then, when I left work earlier today, I ran straight into a giant thunderstorm. (I had on my warmest coat, scarf, and hat, and a big umbrella, but none of it could protect me from the rain, and I got soaked to the skin). :(

So with all that going on, I wouldn't be surprised if I've got a cold. But it's rotten timing. *cough* Ow, ow, ow. I hate being sick. =(

I'm chewing on an antibacterial lozenge and waiting for my electric blanket to do something, and then crawl into bed. Wish me luck...

Re: Ow. =(

Posted: Tue May 27, 2025 2:02 pm
by Tawmis
Hope ye feel better soon, Rath! I am sure with a soar throat or not, you'd still rock at singing. :)

Re: Ow. =(

Posted: Tue May 27, 2025 11:39 pm
by notbobsmith
Sorry to hear that. Not much you can do except for bed rest.

Re: Ow. =(

Posted: Thu May 29, 2025 5:26 am
by BBP
Sorry to hear that Rath, get well soon!

Re: Ow. =(

Posted: Thu May 29, 2025 11:57 am
by Qbix
Hope the cold passes quickly.

Re: Ow. =(

Posted: Thu May 29, 2025 6:09 pm
by Rath Darkblade
Things are actually better now. :-) I was a bit croaky and it hurt to talk for a day or two, which I took to be a bad sign (that's how colds get started, right?) ... so I got lots of rest, water, hot drinks and medication, and it passed.

So I'm back to normal now (yay!) Fingers crossed that it doesn't come back. ;)