That was about an hour ago. First I panicked and didn't know what to do, so I did all the stuff I usually do for wounds like run it under cold water, put some aloe vera gel on it, put some antiseptic on it and put a band-aid on it ... but none of them reduced the pain. (The band-aid seemed to make things worse, so I took it off).
Then I looked up various treatments online, and found that I did most of the right things (except the antiseptic/bandaid, which is not necessary). They also recommended taking some anti-inflammatories for the pain, but I don't usually have those because they give me stomachaches. (I do have some painkillers, but they're not anti-inflammatory ... but I took two anyway. It couldn't hurt).
I also remembered that I have some Voltaren cream, which is anti-inflammatory, so I tried it and it seemed to reduce the pain. But then I read online that I shouldn't use any creams or gels, so I washed it off and washed my hands in cold water.
The skin around the burn seems to be turning slightly brighter, but this is apparently normal. I'm still experiencing a kind of dull stabbing pain, but it's mild compared to the sharper stabbing pain that I was experiencing earlier. It's obviously not pleasant, but it's much more bearable.
Any ideas how long this will take to heal? As I said, this is only affecting the tip of my middle finger, which is painful enough. On the plus side, the burn seems to be only first-degree, so I hope it will go away soon. The pain seems to be lessening too - what a relief. Right now, it's more embarrassing than anything; I've been cooking for close on 25 years and never burned myself. First time for everything, I guess ...