Gabriel Knight 2 - The Beast Within - Let's Play Sierra Games!
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:25 am
by Tawmis
I am about to begin Gabriel Knight 2...
Figured I'd share my channel update - mostly because of the silly thumbnail.
Been enjoying making silly thumbnails like this for the recent games...
Re: Gabriel Knight 2 - The Beast Within - Let's Play Sierra Games!
Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:15 am
by Tawmis
There is a section in Chapter 4 in one of the museums (with Lugwig's diary) that is... very, very, very poorly designed as an area.
Re: Gabriel Knight 2 - The Beast Within - Let's Play Sierra Games!
Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:25 am
by Tawmis
So I am willing to take clues.
Red dot is big bad wolf, as you know.
Blue triangle is Gabe.
Need to get Big Bad Wolf in furnace.
Got all the escape doors closed.
Passage to furnace is open.
Big bad wolf has not moved from this spot, no joke, in 10 minutes.
So I am clearly doing something wrong.
Avoiding walk throughs but will take hints.
Nevermind. Figured it out.
Re: Gabriel Knight 2 - The Beast Within - Let's Play Sierra Games!
Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:02 pm
by Tawmis
And chapter 6 is still rendering...
Re: Gabriel Knight 2 - The Beast Within - Let's Play Sierra Games!
Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:00 pm
by Tawmis
Re: Gabriel Knight 2 - The Beast Within - Let's Play Sierra Games!
Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:40 pm
by Tawmis
And finally the commentary version. In hindsight, I should have done chapter to chapter commentary...
But I was so done with GK2 (hating the wolf form at the end, and the multiple issues rendering)...
I think it shows in my commentary that I was just done...
Re: Gabriel Knight 2 - The Beast Within - Let's Play Sierra Games!
Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:44 pm
by Rath Darkblade
GK2 is my least favourite Gabriel Knight, even with GK3 having that silly "cat hair" puzzle and the horrible Gabriel scream as he's cut to bits by that pendulum.
Why is GK2 my least favourite? Because of the involvement of FMV, and the fact that I can't skip it. :-\ I don't know how accurate or otherwise the German accents are (I assume they are - I don't know - adeyke would know better than me!), but the FMV comes across as clunky. *shrug* Sorry, that's just me.
Re: Gabriel Knight 2 - The Beast Within - Let's Play Sierra Games!
Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:26 pm
by Tawmis
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:44 pm
GK2 is my least favourite Gabriel Knight, even with GK3 having that silly "cat hair" puzzle and the horrible Gabriel scream as he's cut to bits by that pendulum.
Why is GK2 my least favourite? Because of the involvement of FMV, and the fact that I can't skip it. :-\ I don't know how accurate or otherwise the German accents are (I assume they are - I don't know - adeyke would know better than me!), but the FMV comes across as clunky. *shrug* Sorry, that's just me.
Um. You click the MOUSE to pass any FMV "segment."
Although, with as much lore and story that Jane puts in a game, I can't imagine why you'd wanna skip anything.
Unless you played it before - but again, click the mouse and it skips the segment.
I think it even says "Click mouse to skip" in the upper... right... for everything, except the intro.
But a mouse click of the intro skips it.
Like Phantasmagoria (the first one), the use of FMV I thought was great, myself - because it felt like an interactive movie.