Page 1 of 1
Leisure Suit Larry - can't type instructions
Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:02 am
by stundmullett
Hi,
I have the Leisure Suit Larry collection cd rom (2006). Trying to play with windows 8 but can't type in any game instructions. Any advice?
Re: Leisure Suit Larry - can't type instructions
Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:44 am
by Tawmis
stundmullett wrote: ↑Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:02 am
Hi,
I have the Leisure Suit Larry collection cd rom (2006). Trying to play with windows 8 but can't type in any game instructions. Any advice?
Could ye clarify what ye mean by can't type the instructions?
Also have ye tried using the installer for the 2006 LSL collection that
Collector has made?
http://sierrahelp.com/Files/NewInstalle ... nSetup.zip
Re: Leisure Suit Larry - can't type instructions
Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:34 am
by stundmullett
Thanks for replying. I mean text instructions for Larry in the game to get him to do things. There is no text box.
In the meantime I'll check the Collector link you posted. Thanks!
Re: Leisure Suit Larry - can't type instructions
Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:14 pm
by Tawmis
stundmullett wrote: ↑Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:34 am
Thanks for replying. I mean text instructions for Larry in the game to get him to do things. There is no text box.
In the meantime I'll check the Collector link you posted. Thanks!
So it depends on which game of LSL you're playing.
LSL1 EGA - text is at the bottom.
LSL1VGA - All mouse, I believe. (It's been awhile since I've played the VGA version... so I am not 100% sure)
LSL2 & LSL3 - You just begin typing and a text box should appear.
LSL4 - Well, if you're playing that... that's amazing.
LSL5, LSL6 - No text box. It's all mouse.
LSL7 - All mouse, with the additional "typed commands" in certain areas.
Re: Leisure Suit Larry - can't type instructions
Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:49 pm
by Collector
I found the floppies. It's a fun game.
Re: Leisure Suit Larry - can't type instructions
Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:11 pm
by Tawmis
Collector wrote: ↑Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:49 pm
I found the floppies. It's a fun game.
This took me a second.

Re: Leisure Suit Larry - can't type instructions
Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:10 pm
by Rath Darkblade
Tawmis wrote: ↑Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:11 pm
Collector wrote: ↑Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:49 pm
I found the floppies. It's a fun game.
This took me a second.
Yes, I got it at once.
stundmullett, do you need any more help? I think Tawm covered it, but just in case:
In LSL1, 2, and 3 ... just start typing.
In LSL7, you need to left-click on what you want to interact with. This brings up a menu, so select "OTHER", and choose "OTHER..." again. Now you can type things.

(I just double-checked with my copy of LSL7).
IIRC, the only time you can't do this is during cut-scenes. At all other times, you can use this to try and interact with the LSL7 game-world.
