Page 1 of 1

Hello!

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:32 pm
by juniorjones
Long time Larry fan from the EGA days, always amused by his antics.

As a kind of tribute and plus my love for the original game (Reloaded? Now, that's a fur coat with a sexy pair of knickers!) I decided to see if I could get the old EGA Larry looking for love. As my mind is pretty addled with nonsense and despite taking a few programming courses in my youth my skills are zero so I used the kids programming platform, Scratch! (Where better! Did adults actually play the game?!)

It's not much of anything - doesn't really go anywhere but tries to capture the humour - it gives me a chuckle as I remember the old EGA Larry

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/427108691/

Re: Hello!

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:41 pm
by Rath Darkblade
There doesn't seem to be much there yet, but it looks pretty fun. :)

(Tiny nitpick: you misspelled "unfortunately" as "unfortunely").

Welcome to the Sierra Help Pages Forum! :)

Re: Hello!

Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:52 am
by goatmeal
Welcome!

Aside from a few typos (and that Larry should be dodging a Paternity suit, not maternity suit, in the opening mini-game), this looks like a good start.

I wonder what Doc Brown is doing there outside of Lefty's?...

Re: Hello!

Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:12 pm
by Tawmis
goatmeal wrote: ↑Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:52 am Welcome!

Aside from a few typos (and that Larry should be dodging a Paternity suit, not maternity suit, in the opening mini-game), this looks like a good start.

I wonder what Doc Brown is doing there outside of Lefty's?...
I didn't even know you could go past that first "title screen" - I see now ye need to dodge the paperwork. But then it's only three screens from there - and all you can do is walk between them right?

Clicking and typing didn't do anything.

Re: Hello!

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:57 am
by Rath Darkblade
Whoops - like Tawm, I had no idea you could go past the first "title screen". Now I saw that I can dodge the paperwork (silly me).

Yes, it looks pretty fun so far. Like goatmeal, I wonder what Doc Brown is doing outside of Lefty's - and why it's shuttered? Hmm.

Nice job, at any rate. :)