Page 1 of 1

Hunter Hunted - Installation issues

Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:10 pm
by s1naptico
Hello from Spain!

I have a little issue with the installation. I installed it once and everything worked perfectly. However, I deleted some stuff in the editor by accident, so I had to uninstall it to install it again, and now it will not work anymore. When I install it now, it says that it has been installed successfully, but when I open the game, it says it is not. In the diagnostic tool, the only thing I see out of place is that the game configuration file Hunter.INI and the secondary configuration file Sierra.ini are not found. Everything else seems to be in working order. I'll still copy below here the full diagnostic_log just in case.

I love this game, it makes me so nostalgic and I would absolutely love playing this again. What is wrong? Is there anything I can do about it?

Thank you for your attention!


Any issues with this installer can be reported on the Sierra Help
Pages Forum:

http://sierrahelp.com/forums/


If requested, please include the following information:


Hunter Hunted

diagnostic information:

======================== System Info ========================

Microsoft Windows 10 Home6.2.9200.0 64-Bit, es-ES
Service Pack :
Account type : Administrator
UAC status : On

CPU : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9300H CPU @ 2.40GHz
Memory : 7,81 GB
Graphics Adapter : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 w/ 3072 MB of Video RAM
Screen Resolution : 1536 x 864, 32 bit color
DirectX Version : DirectX 9.0c
CD-ROM Drive(s) : W:\


========================= Game Info =========================

Game : Hunter
Game Version : 1.00
Game Path : C:\Sierra\Hunter Hunted
Installer Version : 2.5.0.0
NSIS Version : v2.46
Start Menu Directory : Sierra\Hunter Hunted
Uninstall string : C:\Sierra\Hunter Hunted\uninst.exe
Hunter.exe: Not set


================== Game Configuration File ==================

C:\Sierra\Hunter Hunted\Hunter.INI:

Not found


=============== Secondary Configuration File ================

C:\WINDOWS\Sierra.ini:

Not found


====================== Game Files List ======================

RESOURCE.001
RESOURCE.002
HuntHelp.cnt
Level Editor.doc
README.DOC
Conf.exe
DiagnosticTool.exe
hhedit.exe
Hunter Hunted.exe
Hunter.exe
uninst.exe
HUNTHELP.HLP
AddOns.hls
hunter.hls
sierra.inf
hhedit.ini
CELL.INI
EDITOR.INI
SOUND.INI
kevins.lev
SOUND.LST
RESOURCE.MAP
GRAFFITI.RES
GAMEDAT.SHP
AddOns Readme.txt
Graffiti.txt
Installer License.txt
Level Editor ReadMe.txt
New Installer README.txt
version.txt
OBJECTS.TXT

Re: Hunter Hunted - Installation issues

Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:12 pm
by Tawmis
Collector can come in here and give a more official answer - but if you accidentally deleted something.

If you're installing in the same directory it may think it's installed and not putting all the needed files there.

Did you try changing the install directory and doing a clean install?

Re: Hunter Hunted - Installation issues

Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:05 pm
by Collector
There are a number of files missing in the installed directory. Hunter.INI is needed to start the game. Do a clean full install from your CD.

Re: Hunter Hunted - Installation issues

Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:32 am
by Tawmis
Looks like a resolution to this is found -
viewtopic.php?p=95664#p95664

Going to DM the OP of this thread, see if they ever got it working.