Page 1 of 1

Codename: Iceman Music

Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:48 am
by Tawmis
MT and GM to MP3.




Re: Codename: Iceman Music

Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:48 am
by Tawmis
Beautiful version. :)
(Roland and such) :D



Re: Codename: Iceman Music

Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:47 am
by Collector
Tawmis wrote: ↑Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:48 am MT and GM to MP3.
Again, Iceman (SCI0) has no GM track. This is what the setup will show if it supports GM. You would use this GM driver for Sound Canvas as well. The top one is obviously Roland, but the rest are hardware specific drivers.

Re: Codename: Iceman Music

Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:42 pm
by Tawmis
Collector wrote: ↑Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:47 am
Tawmis wrote: ↑Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:48 am MT and GM to MP3.
Again, Iceman (SCI0) has no GM track. This is what the setup will show if it supports GM. You would use this GM driver for Sound Canvas as well. The top one is obviously Roland, but the rest are hardware specific drivers.
Just going by how the Quest Studios site labelled it. :)

Re: Codename: Iceman Music

Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:52 pm
by MusicallyInspired
I mentioned this before, but Quest Studios modified the MIDI files and translated them to GM. They're not the same MIDI files from the game and aren't indicative of what the games were capable of. Tom translated game soundtracks for a few modules actually including Yamaha XG which is another completely different MIDI standard set that Sierra games didn't even support at all. So you're playing those MIDI files back correctly, but it's just not what was in the game is all.

Also, I think Andrew assumed you were recording straight from the games and not from QS's MIDI files?

Re: Codename: Iceman Music

Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:51 pm
by Tawmis
MusicallyInspired wrote: ↑Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:52 pm Also, I think Andrew assumed you were recording straight from the games and not from QS's MIDI files?
If I knew how to extract the MID files from the game itself, I would.
But I had saved all of that music from Quest Studios (before it was the Archived Quest Studios) EONS ago and had them on the Hard Drive and figured I'd throw'em online (to buy me time between my own "Let's Play Sierra Games" videos) as fillers.

Re: Codename: Iceman Music

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:29 am
by Tawmis
The MT Codename: Iceman music done properly through Munt. (Thanks MI!) :D