Bug in GK1: game lock up at the beginning of day 5
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:11 pm
Hello there!
I've been playing gk 1 several days now, but unfortunately I encountered a known bug..basically the game is blocked with the gk icon after the phone rings at the beginning of day 5... i'm running the game with http://boxerapp.com/ on a macbook, and trying to download the sierra patch doesn't do any good...
I visited the sierra help pages, I installed the sierra update (as said in the sierra help page), but can't find a way to apply the non-sierra patch
http://www.sierrahelp.com/Games/Gabriel ... Day5Lockup
I've downloaded the zip file of the NewRisingSun patch and saved it in the games folder, than extracted it... I checked the txt file... it sais:
This GK1_NRS patch for the floppy version of "Gabriel Knight: Sins of The Fathers" by NewRisingSun fixes:
- Day 5: Lockup
- Day 6: Sergeant returning too early. You now have 30 seconds.
- African Snake Mound: Mummies "float" instead of walk if you
leave the room too quickly.
Note: Before installing this patch, make sure you update to the latest version of the game, first, by installing the Sierra patch.
For a self-extracting archive:
http://la2-f-anakin.sierra.com/patches/pc/gkpat.exe
or in a ZIP:
http://www.tawmis.com/collector/Files/P ... at10b).zip
Extract these files into a temporary directory (run the self-extracting archive) and follow the instructions in README.TXT.
the two links are dead...
no fixes in the game by now... what am i doing wrong?
I've been playing gk 1 several days now, but unfortunately I encountered a known bug..basically the game is blocked with the gk icon after the phone rings at the beginning of day 5... i'm running the game with http://boxerapp.com/ on a macbook, and trying to download the sierra patch doesn't do any good...
I visited the sierra help pages, I installed the sierra update (as said in the sierra help page), but can't find a way to apply the non-sierra patch
http://www.sierrahelp.com/Games/Gabriel ... Day5Lockup
I've downloaded the zip file of the NewRisingSun patch and saved it in the games folder, than extracted it... I checked the txt file... it sais:
This GK1_NRS patch for the floppy version of "Gabriel Knight: Sins of The Fathers" by NewRisingSun fixes:
- Day 5: Lockup
- Day 6: Sergeant returning too early. You now have 30 seconds.
- African Snake Mound: Mummies "float" instead of walk if you
leave the room too quickly.
Note: Before installing this patch, make sure you update to the latest version of the game, first, by installing the Sierra patch.
For a self-extracting archive:
http://la2-f-anakin.sierra.com/patches/pc/gkpat.exe
or in a ZIP:
http://www.tawmis.com/collector/Files/P ... at10b).zip
Extract these files into a temporary directory (run the self-extracting archive) and follow the instructions in README.TXT.
the two links are dead...
no fixes in the game by now... what am i doing wrong?