Which Conquest Game Do You Like More?
- Tawmis
- Grand Poobah's Servant
- Posts: 22352
- Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
- Gender: Not Specified
- Contact:
Which Conquest Game Do You Like More?
All right - let's get this section of the forum rolling by discussing your favorite Conquest game - and why it's your favorite. After we get a reply or two in here I will give my answer (because I know you're sitting on the edge of the chair wanting to know, right?)
Tawmis.com - Voice Actor
Comic Relief Podcast!
Neverending Nights
Hello, my name is Larry. Larry Laffer!
Comic Relief Podcast!
Neverending Nights
Hello, my name is Larry. Larry Laffer!
Re: Which Conquest Game Do You Like More?
I like both of the Christy Marx games, Camelot is more frustrating. Getting across the ice field is maddening. Both have great MT-32 tracks, if you are lucky enough to own that sound module.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001


Re: Which Conquest Game Do You Like More?
If you do not have an MT-32 you can try Munt, but it is far from perfect and development has stagnated. If anyone wants more information about the Roland MT-32 Sound Module or the Munt MT-32 emulation project, just ask in the Other Tech Help.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001


- Tawmis
- Grand Poobah's Servant
- Posts: 22352
- Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
- Gender: Not Specified
- Contact:
Re: Which Conquest Game Do You Like More?
I am glad to see I am not alone in thinking some aspects of Camelot were frustrating. Even the... I guess, changing perspective (depending on if you were outside, in the castle, etc) - bothered me. But I enjoyed Camelot. I think that Longbow was a little more stable and easier.Collector wrote:I like both of the Christy Marx games, Camelot is more frustrating. Getting across the ice field is maddening. Both have great MT-32 tracks, if you are lucky enough to own that sound module.
Tawmis.com - Voice Actor
Comic Relief Podcast!
Neverending Nights
Hello, my name is Larry. Larry Laffer!
Comic Relief Podcast!
Neverending Nights
Hello, my name is Larry. Larry Laffer!
- AndreaDraco
- Village Elder
- Posts: 3465
- Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:07 am
- Gender: Male
- Location: Italy
- Contact:
Re: Which Conquest Game Do You Like More?
I like them both and I think that Christy Marx is a superior designer, second only to Jane Jensen (and maybe Queen Roberta
). Her games are always deep and well-researched, with powerful characters (especially the female ones) and twisting, interesting plot.
I liked a lot her take on the Grail (again, nothing compared to Jane's one), but in the end I've to go with Conquests of the Longbow.
Actually, I wrote the reviews for both games for Adventure Gamers and I hope that you can read them soon (and then I want to know your opinion!
)
I liked a lot her take on the Grail (again, nothing compared to Jane's one), but in the end I've to go with Conquests of the Longbow.
Actually, I wrote the reviews for both games for Adventure Gamers and I hope that you can read them soon (and then I want to know your opinion!
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
- Tawmis
- Grand Poobah's Servant
- Posts: 22352
- Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
- Gender: Not Specified
- Contact:
Re: Which Conquest Game Do You Like More?
Post the link here (well in this section of the forum, not in this thread - so that it has it's own thread and easier to find) - when it goes live.AndreaDraco83 wrote: Actually, I wrote the reviews for both games for Adventure Gamers and I hope that you can read them soon (and then I want to know your opinion!)
Tawmis.com - Voice Actor
Comic Relief Podcast!
Neverending Nights
Hello, my name is Larry. Larry Laffer!
Comic Relief Podcast!
Neverending Nights
Hello, my name is Larry. Larry Laffer!
- AndreaDraco
- Village Elder
- Posts: 3465
- Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:07 am
- Gender: Male
- Location: Italy
- Contact:
Re: Which Conquest Game Do You Like More?
I'll surely do! 
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
- Fender_178
- Sierra Veteran
- Posts: 287
- Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:13 pm
Re: Which Conquest Game Do You Like More?
Well I have only played and completed 1 conquest game which was Camelot and the game was a very good game that deserves a VGA remake. I played Longbow a tad but I never completed it yet hope to some day.
FREEZE SCUM!!
- Tawmis
- Grand Poobah's Servant
- Posts: 22352
- Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
- Gender: Not Specified
- Contact:
Re: Which Conquest Game Do You Like More?
A VGA remake of Camelot would be nice - with some improved control and graphics (the way they did some of the stuff).Fender_178 wrote:Well I have only played and completed 1 conquest game which was Camelot and the game was a very good game that deserves a VGA remake. I played Longbow a tad but I never completed it yet hope to some day.
Tawmis.com - Voice Actor
Comic Relief Podcast!
Neverending Nights
Hello, my name is Larry. Larry Laffer!
Comic Relief Podcast!
Neverending Nights
Hello, my name is Larry. Larry Laffer!
- AndreaDraco
- Village Elder
- Posts: 3465
- Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:07 am
- Gender: Male
- Location: Italy
- Contact:
Re: Which Conquest Game Do You Like More?
You have to play through it! It's an amazing game, a real masterpiece!Fender_178 wrote:I played Longbow a tad but I never completed it yet hope to some day.
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
- MusicallyInspired
- Village Elder
- Posts: 3143
- Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:46 am
- Gender: Male
- Location: Manitoba, Canada
- Contact:
Re: Which Conquest Game Do You Like More?
What great games. I am lucky enough to own an MT-32 and the soundtracks for both games are amazing. I think I like the soundtrack for Camelot the most, though. Very surreal and appropriately medieval/classical at the same time. As for which is my favourite game, I think I again have to go for Camelot. Something about the atmosphere in that game is very captivating and enchanting. Longbow is a close second, though, with very interesting puzzle design and gameplay.
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001
Re: Which Conquest Game Do You Like More?
An MT-32 is the only way to fly with these two games, especially Camelot. I have recordings of the opening that I made with my MT-32 on the Longbow and Camelot pages.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001


Re: Which Conquest Game Do You Like More?
I like Camelot better but that may be because I played it when I was younger and the game was pretty new. I didn't play Longbow until a few years ago. But I thought Camelot had excellent little details that added a lot to the game, like being able to draw your sword whenever you want and riding a horse and violent/non-violent choices, oh yeah, and dead bodies not disappearing and flies collecting on them over time. And I liked the riddles. And I liked the variety and epic feeling of the different locales. You go from Camelot to ancient Middle Eastern crypts.
- DeadPoolX
- DPX the Conqueror!
- Posts: 4833
- Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:00 pm
- Gender: XY
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: Which Conquest Game Do You Like More?
I'm late to this post, but whatever...
I vastly preferred CoC over CotL. Granted, CoC had EGA graphics, a text-parser interface and was fairly unforgiving in spots, but it was simply more entertaining for me. I've always liked Arthurian legends while Robin Hood didn't appeal to me that much. I'm sure that played a big part in my decision and overall enjoyment.
Although I usually like the point-and-click interface over the older text-parser one, sometimes the latter led to some humorous situations. Visit Gwenhyver in the castle courtyard before leaving Camelot and type in: "Talk to girl." Her response is really funny.
I vastly preferred CoC over CotL. Granted, CoC had EGA graphics, a text-parser interface and was fairly unforgiving in spots, but it was simply more entertaining for me. I've always liked Arthurian legends while Robin Hood didn't appeal to me that much. I'm sure that played a big part in my decision and overall enjoyment.
Although I usually like the point-and-click interface over the older text-parser one, sometimes the latter led to some humorous situations. Visit Gwenhyver in the castle courtyard before leaving Camelot and type in: "Talk to girl." Her response is really funny.
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
- tassieboy
- Sierra Fan
- Posts: 68
- Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:12 pm
- Location: Tasmania, Australia
- Gender: Male
- Location: Tasmania, Australia
- Contact:
Re: Which Conquest Game Do You Like More?
I loved Longbow. I remember spending many hours playing it through.
I only played camelot a little so am not really familiar enough to rate it.
I only played camelot a little so am not really familiar enough to rate it.