Police Quest 3 Play Through.
- Rath Darkblade
- The Cute One
- Posts: 14623
- Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:15 am
- Location: Lost in Translation
- Gender: Male
- Contact:
Re: Police Quest 3 Play Through.
Huzzah! It is confirmed. Still, as NBS says, it's a really weird bug. 
- notbobsmith
- Village Elder
- Posts: 6652
- Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:02 pm
- Location: Massachusetts
- Gender: Male
Re: Police Quest 3 Play Through.
I actually posted the "bad ending bug" and my save files on scummvm.org. It seems that they already knew about it and patched ScummVM to prevent it. This comment from the code describes what the bug is:
PQ3 plays the wrong ending if the player woke Marie from her coma but still has an extra rose in their inventory. Room 300 checks to see if Marie is awake by testing flags and item locations, but one of these tests is wrong and out of sync with similar tests in other scripts. Giving Marie the rose places it in her room, but purchasing a second rose changes rose:owner from her room back to ego, and the location check fails. We fix this by testing rose:state instead of rose:owner, as all the other scripts do. Sierra fixed this in later versions.
I'm not sure what they mean by being fixed in later versions. The CD compilation is the most current as far as I know.
PQ3 plays the wrong ending if the player woke Marie from her coma but still has an extra rose in their inventory. Room 300 checks to see if Marie is awake by testing flags and item locations, but one of these tests is wrong and out of sync with similar tests in other scripts. Giving Marie the rose places it in her room, but purchasing a second rose changes rose:owner from her room back to ego, and the location check fails. We fix this by testing rose:state instead of rose:owner, as all the other scripts do. Sierra fixed this in later versions.
I'm not sure what they mean by being fixed in later versions. The CD compilation is the most current as far as I know.
- Tawmis
- Grand Poobah's Servant
- Posts: 22352
- Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
- Gender: Not Specified
- Contact:
Re: Police Quest 3 Play Through.
Yeah I'd need to check - but I think I played PQ3 from GoG... so, I'd think they had the latest version. Would be cool if they posted what version of PQ3 this was fixed - so you can go into File and About and check.
Tawmis.com - Voice Actor
Comic Relief Podcast!
Neverending Nights
Hello, my name is Larry. Larry Laffer!
Comic Relief Podcast!
Neverending Nights
Hello, my name is Larry. Larry Laffer!
Re: Police Quest 3 Play Through.
I am not sure what version the GOG's is, but you can check the VERSION file. The version that was included in "The 4 Most Wanted" would have been the latest, but it was the same as all of the others, 1.00. If it was fixed, it would have been a patch file and won't be reflected in the version.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

