Page 3 of 5

Re: Possible end to SHP

Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2025 9:56 pm
by Rath Darkblade
Nothing to do with the MS Paint thread, but I just wanted to report that the license is working just fine. (My copy of Avast used to report license-related errors with this site before the migration, but not anymore).

Re: Possible end to SHP

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2025 6:22 am
by Rath Darkblade
Not sure what happened here, but last night (i.e. about 24 hours ago) this forum was reported as being missing. And now it's back. Has something happened? *confused*

Re: Possible end to SHP

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2025 10:45 pm
by Tawmis
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Mon Sep 29, 2025 6:22 am Not sure what happened here, but last night (i.e. about 24 hours ago) this forum was reported as being missing. And now it's back. Has something happened? *confused*
I was on and off all day yesterday and didn't see anything like that.

Re: Possible end to SHP

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2025 11:54 pm
by notbobsmith
I experienced the same thing. It was on in the beginning of the day, off for most of the day, and back in the evening. I just assumed a hiccup from the transition.

Re: Possible end to SHP

Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2025 8:18 am
by goatmeal
Same here. It was down for a bit, but now it's back.

Figured (hoped) that it was temporary, and it was. 8-)

Re: Possible end to SHP

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2025 5:26 am
by Collector
Space is still a bit of a problem.Restoring files ate up much of my allotted space. The next package up would double available space, but also double the costs. It was a stretch for me to afford the current level.

Re: Possible end to SHP

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2025 11:51 am
by Tawmis
Collector wrote: ↑Sat Oct 04, 2025 5:26 am Space is still a bit of a problem.Restoring files ate up much of my allotted space. The next package up would double available space, but also double the costs. It was a stretch for me to afford the current level.
No worries, that's why I didn't take the initiative to turn on the UPLOAD option on the forum. Wanted to confirm. :)

Re: Possible end to SHP

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2025 1:42 pm
by Collector
Go ahead and turn on uploads long enough to restore what you have and then turn it back off. We will have to leave it off until I can somehow find more space. I hate the idea of a gofundme or similar, only to just have to beg again next year.

Re: Possible end to SHP

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2025 1:45 pm
by Tawmis
Collector wrote: ↑Sat Oct 04, 2025 1:42 pm Go ahead and turn on uploads long enough to restore what you have and then turn it back off. We will have to leave it off until I can somehow find more space. I hate the idea of a gofundme or similar, only to just have to beg again next year.
The images I found, I just have them hosted on IMGBB, so it's all good there.

Re: Possible end to SHP

Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2025 10:16 pm
by Tawmis
Collector, do you plan on restoring the InnBarn page and installer?

If not - do you have the latest installer somewhere that ye could get to me and I will put it on the LarryLaffer.net site?

Re: Possible end to SHP

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2025 2:10 pm
by Collector
I thought that all of the HTML part of the site was transferred with the site. The entire folder was missing. Perhaps part of what Arvixe deleted without notification? Anyway, the page is back. Let me know if you notice anything else missing besides downloads or music.

Re: Possible end to SHP

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2025 3:35 pm
by Tawmis
Collector wrote: ↑Tue Oct 07, 2025 2:10 pm I thought that all of the HTML part of the site was transferred with the site. The entire folder was missing. Perhaps part of what Arvixe deleted without notification? Anyway, the page is back. Let me know if you notice anything else missing besides downloads or music.
Will do! Thank ye good sir.

Re: Possible end to SHP

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2025 4:53 am
by Spikey
Would be very sad to see it go! Didn't see your messages until now, even though I did check every so often if the forum was back when it was down.
Don't think everybody that cares about the installer will also like interacting about it online, but I don't know the download stats of course.

This said, we could probably move the community to Discord, and the installer files to a filesharing service?

I think this world still definitely needs us to keep the classics alive!

Re: Possible end to SHP

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2025 11:29 am
by Tawmis
Spikey wrote: ↑Tue Oct 14, 2025 4:53 am This said, we could probably move the community to Discord, and the installer files to a filesharing service?
viewtopic.php?p=104115#p104115 ;)

And as long as the installers are less than 10MB, ye could even upload them to discord (in each section) and then PIN the message to the installer.

Re: Possible end to SHP

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2025 5:04 pm
by Rath Darkblade
Having tried Discord, I would say that this board is MUCH better. You can actually track which threads are new (and need your attention).

And although it may seem like a small point, the emoticons here are smaller and more subtle, which helps me. The emoticons on Discord are huge (and sometimes even animated), which is nauseating. :roll:

(Speaking of which, it would be nice to have a "this makes me sick" emoticon. ;) Just nice-to-have, no obligation, of course!)