Page 15 of 17
Re: Two Guys Are Back! SPACEVENTURE!
Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2025 10:51 pm
by Tawmis
Yes, it will update automatically. Game has some new enhancements in it. So if ye played it before ye may notice small trivial things changed.
Or I have since I played it like 10,000 times during the Alpha/Beta phase. lol
Re: Two Guys Are Back! SPACEVENTURE!
Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2026 12:10 am
by notbobsmith
I've been working through the game the last couple of days. It's pretty fun. A decent amount of challenge to it. Switching between Ace and Rooter is kind of cool. I'm at the junkyard putting the ship together. Lots of fun '80s Easter Eggs: Soundwave, Robotech helmets, and I think what might be the helmet from Grandizer.
Re: Two Guys Are Back! SPACEVENTURE!
Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2026 3:24 pm
by Tawmis
notbobsmith wrote: ↑Tue Jan 13, 2026 12:10 am
I've been working through the game the last couple of days. It's pretty fun. A decent amount of challenge to it. Switching between Ace and Rooter is kind of cool. I'm at the junkyard putting the ship together. Lots of fun '80s Easter Eggs: Soundwave, Robotech helmets, and I think what might be the helmet from Grandizer.
Downstairs in the garage has some of those Easter eggs. Upstairs also has more little nods.
Even in the junk yard... there's things. It's funny because I didn't notice it first. And during testing asked, "Why don't you put XYZ here?" And Mark said, "It is. Look closer."
And then I could see it.
It's most noticeable with Rooter. Being vague because I don't want to spoil things with the Junkyard if you've not done certain things. Although if you're piecing the ship together, it means ye have already used Rooter at least once to dig through the junk yard.
Has to do with this -
https://cdn.theatlantic.com/thumbor/M5S ... iginal.jpg
Re: Two Guys Are Back! SPACEVENTURE!
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2026 12:15 am
by notbobsmith
I must have missed that. I heard the story about the cartridges. That's pretty funny.
Just got back from the bar. I saw your name! Space Quest Historian was also there.
Re: Two Guys Are Back! SPACEVENTURE!
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2026 1:34 pm
by Tawmis
notbobsmith wrote: ↑Wed Jan 14, 2026 12:15 am
I must have missed that. I heard the story about the cartridges. That's pretty funny.
You really have to look at the cartridges as Rooter is moving through the junk. It's really hard to see, but it's super pixelated, but you can see the silver cartridges pretty clearly once you know what it's supposed to be.
notbobsmith wrote: ↑Wed Jan 14, 2026 12:15 am
Just got back from the bar. I saw your name! Space Quest Historian was also there.
Woot woot! Name will reappear later in the credits too!

Re: Two Guys Are Back! SPACEVENTURE!
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2026 4:08 pm
by Rath Darkblade
Tawmis wrote: ↑Tue Jan 13, 2026 3:24 pm
Downstairs in the garage has some of those Easter eggs.
It
does? 
Maybe I'm stupid or something, but whenever I try to go downstairs, the mechanic (I forget his name -- Pop?) shoos me away and says something like "I gotta lotta work to do! And so do you, fixin' yer ship an' all!"
So when can you actually go downstairs?
Re: Two Guys Are Back! SPACEVENTURE!
Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2026 12:23 am
by notbobsmith
So quick question: I have the ship and am going to the Two Guys in the place with all of the domes (I forgot the name). Is there a way to figure out which dome is theirs? There's an option to skip, but if there's a way to find theirs, I'd prefer to do it that way. They all look the same and I couldn't find any clues to which one it is supposed to be.
Re: Two Guys Are Back! SPACEVENTURE!
Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2026 3:22 am
by Tawmis
notbobsmith wrote: ↑Thu Jan 15, 2026 12:23 am
So quick question: I have the ship and am going to the Two Guys in the place with all of the domes (I forgot the name). Is there a way to figure out which dome is theirs? There's an option to skip, but if there's a way to find theirs, I'd prefer to do it that way. They all look the same and I couldn't find any clues to which one it is supposed to be.
Yes. So if you fly around (it might even be easier to blast any asteroids in the area to increase visibility as it may be right behind one) - look for one of the domes that has a lot of ... things
flamencos floating around outside of it... and an odd
misty color around it...
Re: Two Guys Are Back! SPACEVENTURE!
Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2026 3:24 am
by Tawmis
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Wed Jan 14, 2026 4:08 pm
Tawmis wrote: ↑Tue Jan 13, 2026 3:24 pm
Downstairs in the garage has some of those Easter eggs.
It
does? 
Maybe I'm stupid or something, but whenever I try to go downstairs, the mechanic (I forget his name -- Pop?) shoos me away and says something like "I gotta lotta work to do! And so do you, fixin' yer ship an' all!"
So when can you actually go downstairs?
So not that downstairs. You land in the docking bay. And you can go upstairs from there. I was referring to the docking bay (because if you go upstairs on the wall and around that whole first room, there's a number of nods to things).
Re: Two Guys Are Back! SPACEVENTURE!
Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2026 4:08 pm
by Rath Darkblade
Thanks! I'll take a look ... but, wait a minute. I think I'd already seen this?
Is this Nurb's Landing, with the fun ads and references in the bar (like
Buttweider etc., and Barf from Spaceballs)? 
Re: Two Guys Are Back! SPACEVENTURE!
Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2026 11:53 pm
by notbobsmith
Tawmis wrote: ↑Thu Jan 15, 2026 3:22 am
notbobsmith wrote: ↑Thu Jan 15, 2026 12:23 am
So quick question: I have the ship and am going to the Two Guys in the place with all of the domes (I forgot the name). Is there a way to figure out which dome is theirs? There's an option to skip, but if there's a way to find theirs, I'd prefer to do it that way. They all look the same and I couldn't find any clues to which one it is supposed to be.
Yes. So if you fly around (it might even be easier to blast any asteroids in the area to increase visibility as it may be right behind one) - look for one of the domes that has a lot of ... things
flamencos floating around outside of it... and an odd
misty color around it...
This is a little strange. I still can't find the dome when I first arrive, but if I press "Skip" and then leave the dome and return again, I see what you mentioned and can dock without any problems. I wonder if this is bugged.
Re: Two Guys Are Back! SPACEVENTURE!
Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2026 2:19 pm
by Tawmis
notbobsmith wrote: ↑Thu Jan 15, 2026 11:53 pm
Tawmis wrote: ↑Thu Jan 15, 2026 3:22 am
notbobsmith wrote: ↑Thu Jan 15, 2026 12:23 am
So quick question: I have the ship and am going to the Two Guys in the place with all of the domes (I forgot the name). Is there a way to figure out which dome is theirs? There's an option to skip, but if there's a way to find theirs, I'd prefer to do it that way. They all look the same and I couldn't find any clues to which one it is supposed to be.
Yes. So if you fly around (it might even be easier to blast any asteroids in the area to increase visibility as it may be right behind one) - look for one of the domes that has a lot of ... things
flamencos floating around outside of it... and an odd
misty color around it...
This is a little strange. I still can't find the dome when I first arrive, but if I press "Skip" and then leave the dome and return again, I see what you mentioned and can dock without any problems. I wonder if this is bugged.
I will try to make some time this weekend to play through... but, did you blast the thing I mentioned? Because I think it's hidden behind it? I think you can still get there without blasting said thing...
Re: Two Guys Are Back! SPACEVENTURE!
Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2026 12:08 am
by notbobsmith
Got to the Chuck Yegger mini-game. I saw the "Available on Steam" icon and thought it was a joke at first, but I guess it was a game they released in 2015 and included here. I wish there was a way to complete it in more than one sitting. It's actually pretty tricky and I'm trying to get the "3 days" achievement. It might be bugged a little bit, too. The camera to one of the corridors will show a random location instead.
Re: Two Guys Are Back! SPACEVENTURE!
Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2026 2:25 am
by Tawmis
notbobsmith wrote: ↑Mon Jan 19, 2026 12:08 am
Got to the Chuck Yegger mini-game.
This was the ONLY thing I did not test. I left that to the others. Not a fan of the Five Nights of Freddy which it's based off of.
Re: Two Guys Are Back! SPACEVENTURE!
Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2026 11:48 pm
by notbobsmith
Tawmis wrote: ↑Tue Jan 20, 2026 2:25 am
notbobsmith wrote: ↑Mon Jan 19, 2026 12:08 am
Got to the Chuck Yegger mini-game.
This was the ONLY thing I did not test. I left that to the others. Not a fan of the Five Nights of Freddy which it's based off of.
I've never actually played that game. I'm familiar with it and more or less familiar with the premise (trapped in a Chuck E. Cheese type place where the animatronics come to life), but I didn't know that this was how the gameplay worked.