What are you playing now?

Talk about anything you want here
User avatar
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant
Posts: 22355
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
Gender: Not Specified
Contact:

Re: What are you playing now?

Post by Tawmis »

BBP wrote: ↑Tue Feb 11, 2025 5:06 pm Did you get into the pharmacy yet? Once you have to start the prescriptions the game starts rolling.
I think I've only filled out the first one - for... ugh, forgot her name - but she's the first person to come in.
User avatar
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One
Posts: 14632
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:15 am
Location: Lost in Translation
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: What are you playing now?

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Tawmis wrote: ↑Tue Feb 11, 2025 5:41 pm
BBP wrote: ↑Tue Feb 11, 2025 5:06 pm Did you get into the pharmacy yet? Once you have to start the prescriptions the game starts rolling.
I think I've only filled out the first one - for... ugh, forgot her name - but she's the first person to come in.
Hint: I think you mean Ma, owner of Ma's cafe. ;) Only two women come in for prescriptions, and the other one is Penelope, the teacher Freddy likes. :)

(I like it how the game gives you half the points for turning the key in the lock and starting the game. Ta-da!) :lol:
User avatar
BBP
Village Elder
Posts: 5429
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:07 am
Gender: Not Specified
Contact:

Re: What are you playing now?

Post by BBP »

Just dowmloaded TileTale Pirates demo from Steam, am curious!
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
User avatar
BBP
Village Elder
Posts: 5429
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:07 am
Gender: Not Specified
Contact:

Re: What are you playing now?

Post by BBP »

Browsed through it, it is not difficult. Basically it's a tile sliding puzzle with bits of path on it and you have to slide them so the Priate can move to the spot marked X while picking up treasure along the way.

Highlight was one puzzle where you have to collect 3 fishes and hand them to a seal, who will then help you to a treasure. Was cute. <3
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
User avatar
BBP
Village Elder
Posts: 5429
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:07 am
Gender: Not Specified
Contact:

Re: What are you playing now?

Post by BBP »

For some reason I can now play half of the game instead of just the first 5 levels. Just bumped into a mommy seal I had to reunite with 2 baby seals.

Seals only have one pup at a time, but that was cute. :)
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
User avatar
BBP
Village Elder
Posts: 5429
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:07 am
Gender: Not Specified
Contact:

Re: What are you playing now?

Post by BBP »

I've bought Moebius! I'm very curious!
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
User avatar
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One
Posts: 14632
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:15 am
Location: Lost in Translation
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: What are you playing now?

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Huzzah! :D I answered your review in the "BBP vs. Moebius" thread.
User avatar
BBP
Village Elder
Posts: 5429
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:07 am
Gender: Not Specified
Contact:

Re: What are you playing now?

Post by BBP »

I really enjoyed Moebius! But I'll use my little topic to tell you why :D

I've also bought Tile Tales, 2 copies :) Available on Steam now :D
I'm in retrospect still sad I was unable to support the Sierra kickstarters, only LSL (which was a birthday present). Now's the time to cover lost ground with LB, a Sierra game that was not really my style.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
User avatar
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One
Posts: 14632
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:15 am
Location: Lost in Translation
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: What are you playing now?

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Hmm ... I played both the LB games in the past few years and enjoyed them. I played LB2 first, mostly because the Art Deco style really appealed to me. :) I tried LB1 later; it's much more suspenseful. I think I died much more in LB1 than in LB2.
User avatar
BBP
Village Elder
Posts: 5429
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:07 am
Gender: Not Specified
Contact:

Re: What are you playing now?

Post by BBP »

Inbetween Tile Tales (which is playing out quite differently tah I had anticipated) I'm also playing The Case Of The Golden Idol.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
User avatar
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant
Posts: 22355
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
Gender: Not Specified
Contact:

Re: What are you playing now?

Post by Tawmis »

I've been playing a lot (and I mean, A LOT) of Lord of the Rings Online.

But one of my quests took me back to Moria (which is a zone I loved when I first got there, but it's rather dark and depressing, so I can only take it for bits at a time)...

I could leave Moria and do other things (I have plenty of other quests to do) - but get BACK to Moria is a bit of a pain. (Not really a pain, just time consuming because there's no quick travel to the inside of Moria, though there is quick travel OUT of Moria)...

Anyway, all this to say...

I ended up sifting through my XBOX and XBOX 360 games, and found "Fellowship of the Ring" for XBOX (which I have no memory of) and "War in the North" for X360 (which I also had no memory of). My XBOX isn't plugged in but my X360 is, so I throw in War in the North - and see, I have a save game. From July of 2012. :D

So I load it - and end up in Mirkwood, fighting orcs - and after several attempts and dying - I said, "I do not remember anything about this game."

And started a new game at Level 1 (in Mirkwood I was level 16). I am already up to Level 4, and immensely enjoy the game so far. I can't imagine why I stopped in 2012 (unless I got there and the orcs were just that hard to beat).
User avatar
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One
Posts: 14632
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:15 am
Location: Lost in Translation
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: What are you playing now?

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Tawmis wrote: ↑Tue Apr 08, 2025 6:18 pm I've been playing a lot (and I mean, A LOT) of Lord of the Rings Online.

But one of my quests took me back to Moria (which is a zone I loved when I first got there, but it's rather dark and depressing, so I can only take it for bits at a time)...

I could leave Moria and do other things (I have plenty of other quests to do) - but get BACK to Moria is a bit of a pain. (Not really a pain, just time consuming because there's no quick travel to the inside of Moria, though there is quick travel OUT of Moria)...

Anyway, all this to say...

I ended up sifting through my XBOX and XBOX 360 games, and found "Fellowship of the Ring" for XBOX (which I have no memory of) and "War in the North" for X360 (which I also had no memory of). My XBOX isn't plugged in but my X360 is, so I throw in War in the North - and see, I have a save game. From July of 2012. :D

So I load it - and end up in Mirkwood, fighting orcs - and after several attempts and dying - I said, "I do not remember anything about this game."

And started a new game at Level 1 (in Mirkwood I was level 16). I am already up to Level 4, and immensely enjoy the game so far. I can't imagine why I stopped in 2012 (unless I got there and the orcs were just that hard to beat).
GRR. I remember that game vividly, and Mirkwood was a pain in the backside. The orcs there are TOUGH sons of mothers.

I have some clues:

- watch the sword-and-shield orcs. When they bang their weapon on their shield, get out of the way, or they'll run you over and cause damage.
- watch the Uruk-hai with the big warhammers. When they yell and raise their hammers, get the Hel out of dodge. (You can roll away if you're the dwarf). They cause a massive amount of damage.
- when you get to the second phase (the "Web-shrouded Wood") the orcs are combined orc archers and hordes of spiders, that's when things get really spammy. Especially when you get to Radagast's house. Three waves of hundreds and hundreds of little spiders. Ugggh, spiders. *shudder*
- the third phase (aka "The Woodland Marshes") is full of orcs, Uruk-hai, and even more bloody spiders. UGH! What is it with Mirkwood and bloody spiders?! :twisted:
- the final level (aka "The Heart of the Web") is where you meet the boss ... who is TOUGH ... and is surrounded by HORDES AND HORDES OF SPIDERS. :shock: Luckily, before you get to the boss, you'll have a portal back to Nordinbad. You may as well rest and restock, because the boss level is tough. Really tough. I'm not kidding.

The spiders ... EEEEEUUUUGGH. :shock: The horror, the horror.

I think I can credit this game for helping me get over my arachnophobia ... for a while, anyway.

If you get through Mirkwood, it will be back to Nordinbad to rest for a bit. But not too long. Because you'll soon be under attack by caught you looking![/spoiler}
User avatar
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant
Posts: 22355
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
Gender: Not Specified
Contact:

Re: What are you playing now?

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Wed Apr 09, 2025 6:22 am GRR. I remember that game vividly, and Mirkwood was a pain in the backside. The orcs there are TOUGH sons of mothers.
If you get through Mirkwood, it will be back to Nordinbad to rest for a bit. But not too long. Because you'll soon be under attack by caught you looking![/spoiler}
In my replay (starting over), I'm still in Fornost - I just met Elladan and Elrohir (and they've helped get past some gates) and just dealt with the goblin-sappers (explosive goblins). I play it in small doses so I don't burn out, but immensely enjoying it.

I just discovered, that tapping left / right consumes Power or Health potions. Something that would have been useful to remember when I picked it up again from 2012. :D So replaying it is showing me the tips I clearly forgot since 2012. :D Which is helping me survive more. Also, knowing there' way more archers, I am focusing on increasing some of my archer type attacks.

Summoning Beleram (the giant eagle you rescue) is absolutely epic and fun but has limited charges that take awhile to recharge. (John Patrick Lowrie, who voiced him, does a fantastic job - not familiar with his work - but at least as Beleram, he sounds a wee bit like Sean Connery).

I will say, the one thing I do not like about the game, is easily being able to switch between characters. Because I've noticed that if you control 1 of the 3, and the other 2 level - they're not auto levelling, unless you go to a part (like going to Bree, save, and switch characters) - that you can level them up. Also giving equipment - I accidentally gave the dwarf the wrong sword - so, I had no easy way to go to him - and give it back to the Ranger. So I do wish there was a way to tab between the characters to level them, equip them, etc., outside of combat. That's probably my biggest gripe so far.
User avatar
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One
Posts: 14632
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:15 am
Location: Lost in Translation
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: What are you playing now?

Post by Rath Darkblade »

The explosive goblins are easiest to deal with by switching to the crossbow (if you're a dwarf) or the bow (if you're a ranger) or the magic staff (if you're a woman).

Um, that may not have been the most elegant of phrases? *grin*

Other not-elegant phrases include:

- The dwarf can use his big axe.
- The ranger has a big sword.
- The woman has a choice of big magic staves ... ah, you get the picture. :P

(Honestly, it's beginning to sound like bad fanfiction. Fifty Shades of Mordor. :roll: Whaaat? Why can't I make dirty puns every so often? (Because I'm the innocent one?)) :P
==================
Agreed about Beleram! John Patrick Lowrie did a great job with his voice! :D He also did many voices for Team Fighter 2 (where he plays the Sniper, among other classes), and various characters in DOTA 2 and Half-Life 2.

And -- aaaaaaaaaaaaaah! :shock: Reading his wiki-article, I found he played 3 characters (Tyre, Enkudi, and Mackey) in Betrayal in Antara ... and 5 characters in Police Quest SWAT 2. (Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!) :D

I also agree about not being able to easily switch between characters. And yes ... if you give a computer-played character the wrong sword (or axe, or armor, or whatever) it's gone for good. :( It would be nice if this could be undone easily, like in other RPGs ... DAO, anyone?
User avatar
BBP
Village Elder
Posts: 5429
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:07 am
Gender: Not Specified
Contact:

Re: What are you playing now?

Post by BBP »

Ok, a few hours ago I wrote:
"Tile tales is picking up, the levels are becoming more interesting!"

It is, the game is getting less straightforward, and as there are characters you interact with also more interesting than a regular tile slider. And then I fired up the game again and came in a hellish level.

Game's back to being nice now but level 5.7 was a nasty surprise.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
Post Reply

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”