Page 2 of 5

Re: Possible end to SHP

Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2025 7:02 pm
by Tawmis
Posted in the SHP discord the URL here now. :)

Re: Possible end to SHP

Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2025 9:27 pm
by Rath Darkblade
Tawmis wrote: ↑Thu Sep 18, 2025 7:04 pm
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Thu Sep 18, 2025 5:54 pm
Collector wrote: ↑Thu Sep 18, 2025 9:45 am The new account has been setup,but SHP has not yet been transferred. Usual cautions, don't post anything that you can't risk losing or don't mind reposting again after the migration.
Sorry, set-up? Transferred? I'm confused - where are we moving to?
Pretty sure he means this - viewtopic.php?p=104387#p104387
The new service had a promo deal that was only twice what I had been paying. I'll have to see what they want after the year. I can't do 4x what I have been paying. It at least gives me a year to find other solutions.
So I believe he found a new host/provider (possibly) - so the site will be migrated (buying him a year to figure out) - or it's through Arvixe (for one year) until he figures out what to do.

The real bummer is that Arvixe deleted content before Collector could clean things up. That's ridiculous. I regularly (every month) back up my site to an external drive just in case anything goes south with it - let alone, when your own provider purges stuff.
Hmm, Collector wrote about the Arvixe problems about 3 days ago (i.e. September 18th). I'm not sure if it's even possible to find a new provider and move everything that quickly, but I'm only guessing. Collector will know for sure, and will share with us if/when we need to know. :)

As for Arvixe deleting content ... agreed, that's ridiculous. Then again, September 19th IS Talk Like A Pirate Day ... so maybe Arvixe decided to take it a step further and Act Like A Pirate (at least a cliche one - you know, "ARR, me hearties! We shall take ALL your stuff now, HA-HARR!!!" etc.) :twisted:

And yes, I know that the vast majority of pirates didn't actually talk like that. ;) But for a provider to act like that ... sheesh -- or even worse, "ARR! We shall take all your stuff and hand it over to the government! HA-HARR!" :P ... and if that's their attitude, then my reaction is simply "RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!" :shock:

Re: Possible end to SHP

Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2025 12:20 pm
by Tawmis
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Sat Sep 20, 2025 9:27 pm Hmm, Collector wrote about the Arvixe problems about 3 days ago (i.e. September 18th). I'm not sure if it's even possible to find a new provider and move everything that quickly, but I'm only guessing. Collector will know for sure, and will share with us if/when we need to know. :)
1. Yes, it is that easy and that quick.
2. Collector posted it publicly on that date, but he and I exchanged messages about Arvixe's crap previous. So he was already fed up and looking.

Re: Possible end to SHP

Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2025 10:18 pm
by Tawmis
Collector - post may have disappeared from migration - but I thought ye mentioned the new one doesn't charge for upkeep of SSL?

Because today I got -
This site can’t provide a secure connection
www.sierrahelp.com uses an unsupported protocol.
ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH
Unsupported protocol
The client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite.
And had to remove the "s" of the httpS:// part of the URL, then it worked.

Re: Possible end to SHP

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2025 7:58 am
by Collector
I am not sure what might be happening. https is working for me just fine. I think I saw something in the new cPanel about forcing a https redirect. Don't know if that would help or what.

Re: Possible end to SHP

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2025 11:16 am
by Tawmis
Collector wrote: ↑Mon Sep 22, 2025 7:58 am I am not sure what might be happening. https is working for me just fine. I think I saw something in the new cPanel about forcing a https redirect. Don't know if that would help or what.
Wonder if it's a cache thing on my side? The forum loads fine, it's just the front page that was giving me grief (from home).

Re: Possible end to SHP

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2025 12:22 pm
by Collector
That was the first thing to load after the transfer. The cache does seem to be the most likely.

Re: Wikis and SHP Forums Restored

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2025 2:39 pm
by Collector
I am in the process of reuploading the files I have that were removed from the forums. I guess we'll soon see what Arvixe deleted before I was able to back them up.

Re: Possible end to SHP

Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2025 7:35 pm
by Collector
Tawm, check what images from the forums that you noticed were missing. Any still missing are most likely gone, unless someone saved copies for some reason.

Re: Possible end to SHP

Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2025 7:52 pm
by Tawmis
Collector wrote: ↑Wed Sep 24, 2025 7:35 pm Tawm, check what images from the forums that you noticed were missing. Any still missing are most likely gone, unless someone saved copies for some reason.
I'd gotten SOME of them from archive.org... but I will see if I find any missing.

Re: Possible end to SHP

Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2025 8:15 am
by Collector
Go ahead and reupload what you can.

Re: Possible end to SHP

Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2025 11:34 am
by Tawmis
Collector wrote: ↑Thu Sep 25, 2025 8:15 am Go ahead and reupload what you can.
The ones I found, I did - but to imgbb.

There's definitely some missing in the MS PAINT thread, but it's whatever.

Re: Possible end to SHP

Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2025 9:08 am
by Collector
The paint thread is what I was the most concerned about. Can you reupload what you have to this board?

Re: Possible end to SHP

Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2025 3:07 pm
by Tawmis
Sure - gonna take awhile to associate each one back. But I can.

Also - to note the INNNBarn installer is missing - https://sierrahelp.com/Files/NewInstall ... nSetup.zip

Came up in the InnBarn FB page.

Re: Possible end to SHP

Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2025 4:55 pm
by Tawmis
You still have the file upload turned off for forums.

Was grabbing some of the images from here - https://web.archive.org/web/20171111121 ... cda67b7b97