Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Sun May 04, 2025 2:37 am
How does it feel to be a celebrity, Tawm? (And Amiee? And Musically Inspired too?)
You will see me & Amiee's name one more time (in the post credits, with the other Kickstarter Supports), then see my name again (I think it's before that) as part of the QA Team.
Re: Rath vs. SpaceVenture (Spoilers Ahead)
Posted: Mon May 12, 2025 7:22 am
by Rath Darkblade
So ... after a long while, I've gotten back into this game, and made some progress. But now, I'm stuck in the Two Guys' laboratory. (See below).
What now?
I've already made moulds of both Scott's and Mark's snouts with the Twinkie and the Snout Balm, and used those to "log in" to their computer. So now, I have to sit in the lab chair.
But now matter what I try, Ace says "There's gotta be some way to activate it", and doesn't do anything more.
What should I do? I'm stuck. Spoilers welcome.
Re: Rath vs. SpaceVenture (Spoilers Ahead)
Posted: Mon May 12, 2025 9:59 am
by Tawmis
Look at the screens behind the drink.
Sure looks like something's wrong.
There's a door (just to the right) before you exit. Look in there.
Re: Rath vs. SpaceVenture (Spoilers Ahead)
Posted: Sat May 24, 2025 10:09 pm
by Rath Darkblade
Sorry, I don't get it.
My savegame is from Ace enters the Two Guys' Lab, so I don't have the snout replicas yet. I can get Mark's with the twinky just fine, but when I try to get Scott Murphy's with the snout stick ... nothing happens. I opened the glass, so there shouldn't be anything in the way.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Re: Rath vs. SpaceVenture (Spoilers Ahead)
Posted: Sun May 25, 2025 1:48 am
by Tawmis
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Sat May 24, 2025 10:09 pm
Sorry, I don't get it.
My savegame is from Ace enters the Two Guys' Lab, so I don't have the snout replicas yet. I can get Mark's with the twinky just fine, but when I try to get Scott Murphy's with the snout stick ... nothing happens. I opened the glass, so there shouldn't be anything in the way.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Did you click the bottom so that the gel comes out before trying to mash it into his face?
Re: Rath vs. SpaceVenture (Spoilers Ahead)
Posted: Mon May 26, 2025 6:52 am
by Rath Darkblade
Um, yes? Yes, I did. It's impossible to use it on his face without clicking the bottom.
Re: Rath vs. SpaceVenture (Spoilers Ahead)
Posted: Mon May 26, 2025 1:50 pm
by Tawmis
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Mon May 26, 2025 6:52 am
Um, yes? Yes, I did. It's impossible to use it on his face without clicking the bottom.
You need to get his snout? Or you have it?
If you need his snout...
So you got the deodorant thing...
removed the cap
Turned the bottom
Did you open the glass container that he's behind?
If you did all that - clicking on it to click on his nose should work.
If you have both snouts, use them on the computer screens with their names.
Scott's is harder to see, far right, middle.
Re: Rath vs. SpaceVenture (Spoilers Ahead)
Posted: Wed May 28, 2025 5:46 pm
by Rath Darkblade
Phew. Well, I finally made it past that (thank goodness), which launched me into the Chuck Yegger game. I'm not quite sure what to do there (and I still have to go to work soon), but I'll check it out after work. Thanks!
Re: Rath vs. SpaceVenture (Spoilers Ahead)
Posted: Wed May 28, 2025 5:56 pm
by Tawmis
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Wed May 28, 2025 5:46 pm
Phew. Well, I finally made it past that (thank goodness), which launched me into the Chuck Yegger game. I'm not quite sure what to do there (and I still have to go to work soon), but I'll check it out after work. Thanks!
It's based on the game "7 Nights of Freddy" or whatever.
However, you can choose to exit that portion (it's not important at all to the overall game, and was even sold individually as a solo game to help gain additional funds, ideally, for the kickstarter project).
I always escape out of it, because that portion holds no interest for me.
Re: Rath vs. SpaceVenture (Spoilers Ahead)
Posted: Wed May 28, 2025 10:14 pm
by Rath Darkblade
I tried to escape out of that game, but now Ace is shaking uncontrollably.
I know that Doggy has to go back to the Dome and get the help of the Two Guys, but which way is it back to the Dome? I'm stuck in the two screens (i.e. the Lab and the Laundry Room), as below:
How do I get back to the dome? Sorry, it's been so long since I went back to the Laundry Room, I forgot how to get out it.
By the way, I tried replaying from the pre-Two-Guys section (i.e. when Ace fixes his ship), and instead of taking me to the Two Guys, it took me to the fast food section (with the Three Habaneros). They sure can sing. But I couldn't get out of there either, or order food, or do anything there. What's the deal with them?
Re: Rath vs. SpaceVenture (Spoilers Ahead)
Posted: Thu May 29, 2025 2:45 am
by Tawmis
To exit to the dome - go to the far back door (seen on your bottom screenshot). There's a hall (just to the right) in that screen shot (door is not too visible) that leads to your top screenshot area. So go all the way straight back - don't veer right.
The fast food place is - well, if Scraps told you how your ship runs (based on what you need to use for fuel) - that's a clue as to what you need to do there.
Is that a game there at the fast food place?
Maybe something with that will help?
Re: Rath vs. SpaceVenture (Spoilers Ahead)
Posted: Thu May 29, 2025 6:49 am
by Rath Darkblade
Aha! Thanks, Tawm. I got past the Three Habaneros, listened to Url, and now I'm stuck on the desert planet. I'm looking around for parts of the hydrolator.
Re: Rath vs. SpaceVenture (Spoilers Ahead)
Posted: Thu May 29, 2025 11:29 am
by Tawmis
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Thu May 29, 2025 6:49 am
Aha! Thanks, Tawm. I got past the Three Habaneros, listened to Url, and now I'm stuck on the desert planet. I'm looking around for parts of the hydrolator.
Do you have protection for your eyes when the sand blows?
You will find that on the planet.
More:
Look at the bones near where the first piece is just down from your ship.
Once you have that.
Rooter is pretty good at finding things.
Turn on the booty sniffer.
From there.....
Pretty much walk right from that first piece down from your ship.
Re: Rath vs. SpaceVenture (Spoilers Ahead)
Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2025 9:16 am
by Rath Darkblade
Thanks, Tawm! I have now finished the game.
I had a bit of difficulty when iMum went crazy near the end, and I couldn't figure out the final puzzle (i.e. unplugging iMum from the network)... but then I discovered I could skip that, and I got Rooter to save Ace just in the nick of time. Huzzah!
Then I found that the Two Guys have a YouTube channel, and these two videos were the icing on the cake.
I also watched this video, which I found to be very interesting ...
I had no idea Ellen McLain was the voice of GLaDOS or the Announcer in Team Fortress 2, but that explains that! I knew I'd heard her before. I should've recognised her, but then, I haven't played TF2 in years, and could never finish Portal.
Also, it's very cool that they got both Maurice and Rob to play parts in Space Venture. *thumbs up*
One last thing ... how did they get all of Gary Owens's lines? I thought he passed away ages ago. Such a great loss.
Re: Rath vs. SpaceVenture (Spoilers Ahead)
Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2025 7:08 pm
by Tawmis
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Sun Jun 01, 2025 9:16 am
Thanks, Tawm! I have now finished the game.
I had a bit of difficulty when iMum went crazy near the end, and I couldn't figure out the final puzzle (i.e. unplugging iMum from the network)... but then I discovered I could skip that, and I got Rooter to save Ace just in the nick of time. Huzzah!
One last thing ... how did they get all of Gary Owens's lines? I thought he passed away ages ago. Such a great loss.
The iMOM thing takes a lot of spinning those metallic pieces. But relatively easy. Just more of a pain. I am sure there's a pattern to it, but you can pass it with frantic clicking back and forth.
When you played - the Rooter repair part - did you do the whole thing (with the chips) or skip? That segment used to be so much worse. Same with Rooter in space, after you're pulled over. Got easier later, but that segment is also a pain.
As for Gary Owens, keep in mind, SpaceVenture started in 2012. Gary Owens passed away in 2015. So, they probably had all the lines done and ready for Gary a year or two before he would pass. This is why they didn't do any of the changes I'd recommended later, that I think, would have made the interface easier to understand (a demo start, if you will). Gary Owens was no longer with us to do those lines, had they wanted to add anything.
I imagine in some places, they probably did some audio editing, to make lines match or even add some lines.