Page 2 of 2

Re: Let's Play Sierra Games - Freddy Pharkas!

Posted: Wed May 14, 2025 3:39 am
by Rath Darkblade
Tawmis wrote: ↑Sun May 11, 2025 12:33 am


You may be thinking... has it been so long that I don't remember what he sounds like? No, don't worry - that voice is me. But it's also not. I thought it'd be fun to PURPOSELY talk with a "twang" since I'd be talking about Freddy Pharkus (a "Western" themed game, if you will) - but on top of that, I used an Application on my PC called VoiceMOD, which one of my D&D players got for me, that will auto-change my voice. So I messed around and found one that enhanced my unusual "twang talk" - and this is the result! (Good news, if you want to skip to the chase - I should be done with Freddy Pharkus this weekend!... Finally...)
Heh. I like the "twang" effect. :) (Nope, I couldn't hear the dogs barking ... but I could even hear the music). *shrug*

Sorry to hear about your operation. I hope it all went well.

Happy new car! :D And happy new job! :lol: (But they just gave you a fancy new title and a lot more work, but not more money. That sounds familiar).

Re: Let's Play Sierra Games - Freddy Pharkas!

Posted: Wed May 14, 2025 3:50 am
by Rath Darkblade
Tawmis wrote: ↑Mon May 12, 2025 10:00 am
*to the tune of the Freddy Pharkas theme song* ;)

Verse:
Well the game was stumpin' Tawmis,
but he finished it just like he'd promise;
horse farts had stopped him, but not for very long.
But the thing that stopped him playin',
and he spent many a day a-prayin'
was Freddy's counter, for mixin' drugs so strong.

Chorus:
Pharkas, Freddy Pharkas --
Coarsegold chemistry PhD.
Freddy Pharkas, Freddy Pharkas --
Al Lowe's hero-to-be!

Bonus Chorus:
YouTube, Fred's on YouTube,
Channel's moentized - lots of cash;
It's on YouTube (not bamboo tube) :P
Tawm will soon cut a dash! :D

(So ... I wrote that in about 5 minutes. Sorry it wasn't better. :) But you try finding a rhyme for "YouTube"...) ;)

Re: Let's Play Sierra Games - Freddy Pharkas!

Posted: Wed May 14, 2025 11:20 am
by Tawmis
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Wed May 14, 2025 3:50 am *to the tune of the Freddy Pharkas theme song* ;)

Verse:
Well the game was stumpin' Tawmis,
but he finished it just like he'd promise;
horse farts had stopped him, but not for very long.
But the thing that stopped him playin',
and he spent many a day a-prayin'
was Freddy's counter, for mixin' drugs so strong.

Chorus:
Pharkas, Freddy Pharkas --
Coarsegold chemistry PhD.
Freddy Pharkas, Freddy Pharkas --
Al Lowe's hero-to-be!

Bonus Chorus:
YouTube, Fred's on YouTube,
Channel's moentized - lots of cash;
It's on YouTube (not bamboo tube) :P
Tawm will soon cut a dash! :D

(So ... I wrote that in about 5 minutes. Sorry it wasn't better. :) But you try finding a rhyme for "YouTube"...) ;)
That first chunk of verses is so freaking spot on. :D

Re: Let's Play Sierra Games - Freddy Pharkas!

Posted: Wed May 14, 2025 11:23 am
by Tawmis
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Wed May 14, 2025 3:39 am Heh. I like the "twang" effect. :) (Nope, I couldn't hear the dogs barking ... but I could even hear the music). *shrug*
Sorry to hear about your operation. I hope it all went well.
Happy new car! :D And happy new job! :lol: (But they just gave you a fancy new title and a lot more work, but not more money. That sounds familiar).
Heh, the voicemod thing I have - the voice changes is to (in this case, Biden-sounding), so on top of my own twang I was speaking like, came out pretty good. The voicemod thing has like 40 different settings - the robot ones are really cool. The player who bought me the voicemod thing had used it for himself, during the Star Wars 5e one shot (see this post: viewtopic.php?p=103197#p103197) - so you can hear him as a robot (KILL-A, specifying since two players played robots in that session).

Operation went well (was for skin cancer removal, the not-the-kill-you-skin-cancer). But it's on my right shoulder - and for such a small spot, there's a 3 inch gash with dissolvable stitches, that sometimes still bleed (because it's on my back and my shoulder stretches when I do things lol). So I have stopped wearing dress shirts at work, and just wearing black t-shirts, so if it bleeds, it's not obvious.

Re: Let's Play Sierra Games - Freddy Pharkas!

Posted: Wed May 14, 2025 11:39 pm
by notbobsmith
Tawmis wrote: ↑Wed May 14, 2025 11:23 am Operation went well (was for skin cancer removal, the not-the-kill-you-skin-cancer). But it's on my right shoulder - and for such a small spot, there's a 3 inch gash with dissolvable stitches, that sometimes still bleed (because it's on my back and my shoulder stretches when I do things lol). So I have stopped wearing dress shirts at work, and just wearing black t-shirts, so if it bleeds, it's not obvious.
Glad to hear that it wasn't serious.

Re: Let's Play Sierra Games - Freddy Pharkas!

Posted: Thu May 15, 2025 1:43 am
by Tawmis
notbobsmith wrote: ↑Wed May 14, 2025 11:39 pm
Tawmis wrote: ↑Wed May 14, 2025 11:23 am Operation went well (was for skin cancer removal, the not-the-kill-you-skin-cancer). But it's on my right shoulder - and for such a small spot, there's a 3 inch gash with dissolvable stitches, that sometimes still bleed (because it's on my back and my shoulder stretches when I do things lol). So I have stopped wearing dress shirts at work, and just wearing black t-shirts, so if it bleeds, it's not obvious.
Glad to hear that it wasn't serious.
Me too, it was the best worse news possible. :)

On another note, I am going to try and do a commentary of FFFP - but clearly, not 6 hours long. I already rendered and sped up the game play down to one hour and some change - which I will talk to - and speed up further in spots I don't speak. :D

Re: Let's Play Sierra Games - Freddy Pharkas!

Posted: Tue May 20, 2025 10:14 am
by Tawmis
Commentary has arrived, and I do a shout out to BBP in it too. :D