Search found 15 matches

by LockHood
Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:42 am
Forum: The Quest for Glory Series
Topic: QfG5 - Install issue WIN7x64
Replies: 3
Views: 2584

Re: QfG5 - Install issue WIN7x64

You can try installing it normally without the external installers and then apply the windows 64-bit patch.
by LockHood
Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:32 pm
Forum: The Quest for Glory Series
Topic: The Hero Stuff
Replies: 23
Views: 7541

Re: The Hero Stuff

Prestige and power aren't exactly the same . Besides Hero kind just aren't power-hungry , thief or not . Even if the falcon has in addition to the riches , some kind of magical artifact that lets the user get power over others or something like that , being a Hero and all he'd use it solely for good...
by LockHood
Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:42 am
Forum: The Quest for Glory Series
Topic: The Hero Stuff
Replies: 23
Views: 7541

Re: The Hero Stuff

so chief thief must be ok then .
by LockHood
Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:24 am
Forum: The Quest for Glory Series
Topic: The Hero Stuff
Replies: 23
Views: 7541

Re: The Hero Stuff

So I guess chief thief is ok . I just had hoped the thief would get a permanent status irrespective of location , like wizard and paladin . Chief Thieves can change . Anyway , thats just my personal preference .

I thought the blackbird was about riches more than power . A king's ransom .
by LockHood
Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:30 pm
Forum: The Quest for Glory Series
Topic: The Hero Stuff
Replies: 23
Views: 7541

Re: The Hero Stuff

I've never understood why being with Nawar is so bad for the thief. And what's so bad about being called "Chief Thief"? It rhymes, and that's pretty appropriate for the game's not-too-serious approach. It's also simple and memorable. For all those reasons, that's probably why that title w...
by LockHood
Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:20 am
Forum: The Quest for Glory Series
Topic: The Hero Stuff
Replies: 23
Views: 7541

Re: The Hero Stuff

I think outright killing him, whether or not he's currently armed, is justified given the circumstances Yeah or , there could be an option to just stun him and run off , so he could continue the fight some other time . Being King or not , the thief will only be Chief Thief . 'Chief' is such a borin...
by LockHood
Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:43 pm
Forum: The Quest for Glory Series
Topic: The Hero Stuff
Replies: 23
Views: 7541

Re: The Hero Stuff

I actually like all 4 characters . They all have their unique advantages . But still , I can't help feeling the thief gets the worst deal in the end - Chief Thief and Nawar . And , I like the hero's costumes in the first and last games .
by LockHood
Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:53 am
Forum: The Quest for Glory Series
Topic: The Hero Stuff
Replies: 23
Views: 7541

Re: The Hero Stuff

I like the thief too . But I usually prefer playing pure characters . No hybrids .
by LockHood
Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:50 pm
Forum: The Quest for Glory Series
Topic: The Hero Stuff
Replies: 23
Views: 7541

The Hero Stuff

Just to opine about the hero . Hes pretty goodie and sacrificial and all that . But I really don't like the QFG3 solution . I mean , the Hero made friends with Yesufu . The solution should have been to help Yesufu wed his Leopard love rather than marrying her himself. Thats what a real friend'd do r...
by LockHood
Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:23 pm
Forum: The Quest for Glory Series
Topic: QFG3 Hex edit
Replies: 5
Views: 2704

Re: QFG3 Hex edit

:-) My problem solved anyway . I went back a lil and figured out why Cheat Engine didn't work for me . I was looking for the values in 4 bytes instead of 2 . So Fighters will remain Fighters , hopefully . Did anyone get the 10 points for winning the initiation honourably?
by LockHood
Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:07 am
Forum: The Quest for Glory Series
Topic: QFG3 Hex edit
Replies: 5
Views: 2704

Re: QFG3 Hex edit

I do know that . Just wanted to try out the spear of death , which only the fighter can . I'll go back and lower my honour points then :-)
by LockHood
Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:53 pm
Forum: The Quest for Glory Series
Topic: QFG3 Hex edit
Replies: 5
Views: 2704

Re: QFG3 Hex edit

also , is it possible to win the still target spear contest ? the story man says both the hero and Yesufu wins . Although the hero wins the moving target contest , no points are given for it.
by LockHood
Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:18 am
Forum: The Quest for Glory Series
Topic: QFG3 Hex edit
Replies: 5
Views: 2704

QFG3 Hex edit

My Fighter gets given Paladinship by Rakeesh . I'd prefer to keep the Fighter and Paladin separate . Anyone knows to hex edit QFG3 so I can lower the Honour points? I have hex edited stats in QFG 1 & 2 . But QFG3 is different and I can't try cheat engine cos Honour points are already maxed out ,...
by LockHood
Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:25 am
Forum: The Caesar Series
Topic: Any Caesar fans out there?
Replies: 10
Views: 26009

Re: Any Caesar fans out there?

I haven't played Caesar 1 yet, but have you tried right-clicking on a house to see if a panel shows up, indicating what it needs to evolve? That's the way to find out with Caesar 2, perhaps it's the same with Caesar 1. Also, welcome to the SierraHelp forums ;). Thank you , but right clicking doesn'...
by LockHood
Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:29 am
Forum: The Caesar Series
Topic: Any Caesar fans out there?
Replies: 10
Views: 26009

Re: Any Caesar fans out there?

I have played Zeus and Posiedon and absolutely loved them. So I tried to try a hand at Caesar 1. And geez, I dont get it at all. The maps dont show religion or culture coverage so how do you know how many houses have access to them?. Sometimes the houses dont evolve even if I surround them with temp...

Go to advanced search