Search found 11 matches

by shoptroll
Sun Sep 13, 2026 11:22 am
Forum: Announcements
Topic: Possible end to SHP, Another Year
Replies: 16
Views: 1490

Re: Possible end to SHP, Another Year

Thinking more about this, and I know this is unsolicited feedback (so do what you want with it), but this is what I would propose as a path forward beyond financial assistance: #1: Open Source the installer scripts so they can be maintained by the community going forward. I think, but I'm not certai...
by shoptroll
Sat Sep 12, 2026 4:46 pm
Forum: The Leisure Suit Larry Series
Topic: LSL7 question...
Replies: 29
Views: 27785

Re: LSL7 question...

Tiny update since I was passing through...

I think the static noise in the music is a DOSBox/Windows 11/sound card driver issue. I noticed something very similar happened with the version of Syndicate Wars on GOG on my setup. So I don't think it's an issue with Collector's patches/installers.
by shoptroll
Fri Sep 11, 2026 9:07 am
Forum: Announcements
Topic: Possible end to SHP, Another Year
Replies: 16
Views: 1490

Re: Possible end to SHP, Another Year

What others have said. I don't have the time but this site has been such a good resource over the years it would be terrible to lose it. I'd be happy to help pay for the hosting costs and brainstorm better options for the site going forward.
by shoptroll
Wed Sep 25, 2024 10:02 pm
Forum: The Leisure Suit Larry Series
Topic: LSL7 question...
Replies: 29
Views: 27785

Re: LSL7 question...

Hey sorry for the late response. Firefox's redirect to HTTPS feature was blocking me from accessing this forum in addition to taking a while to get back to troubleshooting this problem. I tried the fix in that DOSBox-staging wiki but it didn't really help. I noticed recently that GOG's version of Sy...
by shoptroll
Thu May 30, 2024 11:28 pm
Forum: The Leisure Suit Larry Series
Topic: LSL7 question...
Replies: 29
Views: 27785

Re: LSL7 question...

It might be worthwhile to test on ScummVM. If you get the same static, it might be a problem with the game. I can certainly try setting that up this weekend. As I stated previously, I'd be shocked if this exists in ScummVM since that's a completely different interpreter and the VOGONS thread seemed...
by shoptroll
Thu May 23, 2024 10:32 pm
Forum: The Leisure Suit Larry Series
Topic: LSL7 question...
Replies: 29
Views: 27785

Re: LSL7 question...

Patching didn't seem to fix it either. Did the opening segment and the buzzing started up during the cutscene when you escape the penthouse. Came back again during the scene with Peter getting the room key. Tried transitioning to a couple other rooms (the various holds, dining room, lobby) and that ...
by shoptroll
Thu May 23, 2024 10:09 pm
Forum: The Leisure Suit Larry Series
Topic: LSL7 question...
Replies: 29
Views: 27785

Re: LSL7 question...

Well I thought maybe it was the wrong audioSize value being set in resource.cfg so I reset it to 112k. I've poked and prodded at the game off an on for the last few days and I wasn't able to reproduce the issue until tonight and it happened within about 5 minutes of the game starting up and loading ...
by shoptroll
Sun May 19, 2024 11:34 am
Forum: The Leisure Suit Larry Series
Topic: LSL7 question...
Replies: 29
Views: 27785

Re: LSL7 question...

Audio appears to be Soundblaster based on the dosbox.conf and resources.cfg files. I don't think LSL 7 had MT-32 support? dosbox.conf [sdl] output= openglnb fullresolution= desktop windowresolution= original fullscreen= true fulldouble= true autolock= true [DOSBox] machine= svga_s3 captures= <omitte...
by shoptroll
Sat May 18, 2024 4:11 pm
Forum: The Leisure Suit Larry Series
Topic: LSL7 question...
Replies: 29
Views: 27785

Re: LSL7 question...

I know Collector's insanely busy and the installers are a hobby; but since it's random (the static) - if you can play it for a bit and confirm it works - at some point when Collector has free time (hahahahaha >phew< hahahah) - he may be able to look into this. When I played (and I had just played f...
by shoptroll
Fri May 17, 2024 10:25 pm
Forum: The Leisure Suit Larry Series
Topic: LSL7 question...
Replies: 29
Views: 27785

Re: LSL7 question...

My apologies for the bump but I was recently playing around in LSL7 and was getting the static again too. I did some searching around and it appears to be some weird interaction with the SCI interpreter and DOSBox. One of the DOSBox devs posted a patched version of the interpreter on VOGONS: https:/...
by shoptroll
Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:01 pm
Forum: The Leisure Suit Larry Series
Topic: Collector - Leisure Suit Larry Casino.
Replies: 6
Views: 12788

Re: Collector - Leisure Suit Larry Casino.

Sorry for the bump, but just want to add to what Collector said based on my own experience with trying to get this to run in the past. On Windows 7 x64 I was able to get this run I think by doing the normal install and then copying over any additional files that were still sitting on the disc (I don...

Go to advanced search